Your browser does not support JavaScript.
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Sign In
Mobile Menu
Mobile Menu Mobile Menu

District Support
PCOE Public Facing Web Site

 District Support

District Support Materials


The Placer County SELPA is committed to providing school district team members with the support that aligns with state and federal laws, informs best practices and assures that all regionalized operations and services are provided in accordance with the local plan.

District members have access to SELPA resources and contracts. In order to gain access to these resources, you will need a SELPA District Support password. If you already have your SELPA District Support password visit SELPA's Contracts and District Resources​.

For information about gaining access to the SELPA contracts and district resources email: Melanie Purdy, SELPA Administrative Assistant, Email


Placer County SELPA is a proud to participate as a regional implementation lead in the state wide system of support in collaboration with Marin County SELPA and the California Autism Professional Training and Information Network, CAPTAIN, by promoting the use of evidence based practices for students with autism.  


What does a SELPA do?​

The Special Education Local Plan Area (SELPA) is a state-mandated association which oversees and facilitates education services for students with disabilities. The SELPA office for Placer County is located at the Placer County Office of Education and its operations are cooperatively governed by the Placer County Superintendent of Schools and member district superintendents. SELPA's role is to ensure that the specialized educational needs of each disabled student in the county are appropriately met. To fulfill this purpose, SELPA oversees the allocation of over $40 million annually distributed to local education agencies for special education. SELPA also offers an array of trainings and dispute resolution services for the county.​

How do I register for a SELPA training?​

Visit GoSignMeUp​. Log in using your username and password. If you do not have an account, click on “Create Account" in the top right. On the home page, you can search for the desired course. Once you find the course you are looking for, click “add to cart". You can continue adding courses or you can complete your registration by clicking on the cart icon. Click “Checkout" to continue the registration process. Once the method of payment is selected, you can place your order. You will be taken to the confirmation page where you can print a copy for your records. You will also get a confirmation email sent to you.  ​

How do I resolve a complaint with my child's special education services?

If you are experiencing a problem with your child's special education program, there is a specific procedure that you should follow to get your complaint resolved. If your complaint involves an individual teacher or other member of the school staff, it is suggested that you contact him/her directly to discuss your concerns and try to resolve the problem informally. If this fails, contact the principal or vice principal of the school. If this also produces unsatisfactory results or you are uncertain how to proceed, contact the district office for assistance. If you are unable to resolve the dispute, you may contact the Placer County SELPA's Alternative Dispute Resolution team to provide facilitated support as a neutral third party. This resource is available to resolve disagreements between schools and the families of all children in special education in Placer County. Each district has a SELPA Program Specialist assigned to support ADR activities. To find contact information for your district, click here. ​If you would like contact information for a particular district, please see our district directory.

What is ADR and how do I access it?

The ADR program​ is a method of problem resolution that involves getting the two disputing parties (family and school) to talk through a conflict to reach a mutually agreeable solution. A parent or district can access any of the ADR components by calling the assigned SELPA Program Specialist. The program components include: phone consultation and conflict assessment by the Program Specialist, IEP attendance as a neutral third party, IEP facilitation and informal mediation. All information remains confidential unless permission is given to share it.​ See the Program Specialist Assignments​ document for more information.

Where do I get my student's records?

Contact the school your child is attending to access educational records. If you have a child attending a regionalized PCOE special education program you may contact the special education director of the district you reside in or the PCOE program administrator for that classroom. ​​​​​​

 Contact List

  • ​​Group One
    • contact-placeholder.fw.png First LastJob
    • contact-placeholder.fw.png First LastJob
  • Group Two
    • contact-placeholder.fw.png First LastJob
    • contact-placeholder.fw.png First LastJob
    • contact-placeholder.fw.png First LastJob
  • Group Three
    • ​New Item
    • contact-placeholder.fw.png First LastJob
    • contact-placeholder.fw.png First LastJob
  • Group Four
    • contact-placeholder.fw.png First LastJob​

     Event Spotlight



    "One child, one teacher, one book, one pen can change the world"​

    ​-Malala Yousafzai